- 1 How to fix the AirPrint Feature on iPads and iPhones
- 2 Airprint not working? Fixing the No Printer Found Message:
- 3 Remember AirPrint does not work on networks that are public
- 4 Summary
- 5 Download Link Mirror #1
- 6 Download Link Mirror #2
No AirPrint printers found? There have been many reports from reads that they cannot print using the Airprint enabled printer. When they are trying to print a message is coming up saying that no airprinter could be found. This is common and seems to be happening often.
How to fix the AirPrint Feature on iPads and iPhones
No AirPrint printers found?
- The first thing you need to do is check the printer and make sure they support Airprint.
- Make sure the router is in the correct port.
- Make sure the computer and printer are using the same wireless network.
- Change the wifi bandwidth on the iDevice for 2.4 GHz to 5 or the other way around.
- Be sure airplane mode is off and Bluetooth is on and Update the DNS to 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206
- Disable the firewalls during the printing process!
AirPrint Troubleshooting Steps
When printing do not use a network that is public! Airprint does not work with public networks and the error message will appear when you attempt to print over a public network.
The device and the printer should be using the same private network. You want to be able to see the printer and the network that it is on while using your device. Airprint will not work on hotspots, with Bluetooth, or any kind of public connection. Be sure to check the specs of the device if the printer is not found Make sure your device is compatible with airprint Apple Device with iOS 4.2 or later This system is able to have airprint installed as part of an update. On the newer devices it will come preinstalled. Not all of these features will work with every Apple device. Airprint will work on the iPad , iPhone with at least 3GS, and at least the third generation of the iPod touch.
- Start with the simple things
- Be sure the printer has paper as well as toner
- Make sure the printer is turned on. Turning it off then on again may fix the printing problem in some cases.
Be sure the printer does not have an error message before attempting to print. Allow the printer several minutes to warm up and connect to the internet before printing.
Make sure you are using the latest iOS and updated if needed. if the wireless button on the printer is off turn it on.
- Change the bandwidth setting n the device.
- If you do not know how to do so contact your ISP provider.
- Turn your device off and then on. Do the same thing with the printer.
- Turn both the modem are the router off. Wait 30 seconds and then turn them back on.
- Make sure Bluetooth is off.
- Make sure Airprint is set up on your printer.
If you are near a computer with an Ethernet connection turn it off. Once the computer has shut down try printing again.
- Turn the IPP off and hen back on.
This IPP can found under the advanced setting. Turn the router and the printer off and wait 30 seconds before turning them back on.
If Airprint is still not found: Check the DNS settings on the printer and change them Some printers may automatically go back to their default settings:
- make sure the IPP settings are enabled and correct
- Check the firewall. You can do this by checking the ports 9100, 139, 631, 515, or 5393
- You may want to shut off the firewalls until you have finished printing
- The IP address on the printer should be on Fixed or Static.
- The IP address may be regained so be sure to check this as well.
- Make sure Airprint is enabled!
- Open the EWS and then check to make sure that AirPrint has been enabled!
- Print the network configuration page for additional information
- Find the IP address on this page
- Go to a computer and type in the IP address then press enter
- If a security message appears just continue
- There should be an ESW information page for the printer
- Go to the settings
- Go to security and then Administrator settings
- For there go to network settings and find Airprint. Click apply if this is not already done.
- Restart the printer and the AirPrint
Another use suggested to put the printer and the device on the same router frequency bandwidth. Dual brand routers work on different frequencies and this is something to be aware of.
Older printers may only be able to connect with 2.5Ghz. Older routers also use a single band. Airprint does not operate on some of the duel band routers. The wifi frequency can be changed by going to the settings.
Another Good Tipl>
Under the network go to IPP and make sure it is enabled.l>
Summary>When your Airprint stops working can be annoying. We have listed some of the steps that have been taken to fix this thanks to tips from some of our reader. Hopefully, these tips will fix your problem. If you have another way to get, Airprint to work be sure to share it in the comments. We are always looking to add additional tips so thanks for all of your input.