Since it is not possible to buy audiobooks in the Audible app for iPhone or iPad, the only option is to navigate to the Amazon website using the Safari browser and then proceed to buy the audible books. However, most people do not understand the steps to follow to purchase audible boos via the Amazon website. This article will outline the steps you need to follow and they include:
Instructions on buying Audible Books on iPhone and iPad
- To navigate to amazon.com, launch ‘Safari’ or any other web browser on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the upper right corner of the Amazon screen, tap ‘Sign In’. If you had not signed in already, you will have to enter your username and password associated with your account and then tap the ‘Sign In’ button (orange in color). After signing in to the account, you will arrive at the Amazon home screen.
- In the menu row that’s found below the search bar, tap ‘Departments’ and a Department screen will appear.
- Scroll down the Department screen until you see books. Tap ‘Books’ and you will see a drop-down menu.
- In the list of options on the drop-down tap ‘Audible Audiobooks’ and an Audible Audiobooks screen will appear.
- Towards the top of this screen, you will see a search bar. Input the name of the book you are looking for and then tap the yellow icon (looks like a magnifying glass to the right). When the search is complete, you will see a list of audiobooks.
- Tap the name of the book you wish to buy and an information screen will appear with relevant information about that audiobook.
- Beneath the book, scroll down and select Buy with 1 Credit or Buy with 1 Click. Regardless of the choice you make, you will be taken to a Start Listening Now Page. This is to confirm you have successfully purchased the audiobook. You can then download the audiobook and start listening via Audible native app (available for free on the Apple App Store).