YouTube is one of the leading video sharing platforms in the world. If you are watching videos on YouTube and you are getting irritated by the white background, you can turn on Dark Mode to have a better view. Thankfully, you can turn the Dark Mode feature on with ease whether you are using the YouTube app on smart devices or via the website (YouTube.com).
Turn on Dark Mode feature for mobile devices
Regardless of the mobile device, you are using e.g. android, iPhone, Microsoft, Amazon or iPad, just launch the YouTube app to get to the home screen.
- To display your account page, tap your profile icon that’s located in the upper right-hand corner of your device’s screen.
- You will have to tap ‘Settings’ to display the Settings screen. To enable the Dark Mode feature, tap the toggle to the right. To ensure you’ve turned on the Dark Mode theme, the toggle will move to the right and the circle will then turn blue. After you’ve returned to the home screen, the screen will turn black while the text will turn white.
Activating Dark Mode Theme in a Desktop web browser
- If you are using a web browser to stream YouTube videos, you will have to navigate to YouTube.com first.
- After landing to the home screen, click on the profile icon on the upper right corner of the window. A menu will appear with a list of options.
- In the drop-down menu, click the ‘Dark Theme’ to display a Dark Theme dialog box.
- To activate the Dark Theme, click the toggle to move the circle to the right. As the toggle moves to the right, your YouTube screen will automatically switch to Dark Mode. To continue using YouTube in Dark Mode, just click anywhere out of the dialog box.
If you wish to turn the Dark Mode off at any time, you just need to navigate back and turn the toggle off.