Since Amazon devices are portable, you can carry them around easily and bring them to camping trips and more. You are taking your Amazon devices out of your Wi-Fi network at home? You should consider connecting your Echo device to a new Wi-Fi network. To change your Amazon Echo Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
Select the desired WiFi network
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app on your smart device to get to the home screen. To open the menu, tap the ‘Menu’ icon in the upper left corner of your screen. When you tap the icon, a menu will fade in from the left side of the screen.
- In the menu that pops out, tap ‘Settings’ to open the Settings menu.
- Now tap ‘Device Settings’ and you will see a list of all the devices associated with your Amazon Alexa account. In the list of options, tap the name of the Amazon Echo device for which you wish to change the connected Wi-Fi. A separate information screen will appear for that specific device.
- Navigate to the wireless section and then find the Wi-Fi Network field. The Network field will show the wireless network that the device is currently connected to. To the right of the Wi-Fi Network field, tap the blue ‘Change’ text to land on the Begin Echo Dot Setup screen.
- At the bottom of the Begin Echo Dot Setup, click ‘Continue’. Next a screen informing you to wait until the orange light ring appears will be displayed.
- For the orange light ring to appear on your device, hold down the ‘Action’ button (looks like a dot) for about six (6) seconds. After the orange light appears, click ‘Continue’.
- You will need to connect your device to your Echo Dot. Next open the list of Wi-Fi connections available. Tap the connection named Amazon (make sure the name is followed by three letters). You will hear Alexa chime over your Echo speaker telling you that the connection is up. Alexa will then instruct you to return to the Alexa app.
- When you open the Alexa app as instructed, you will see a screen with a checkmark saying Echo Dot Setup. Tap ‘Continue’ and the next screen will prompt you to choose the Wi-Fi network you wish to connect your Amazon device to. Choose the network you want to connect to on the screen, enter the password and tap ‘Connect’. A progress bar will appear on the screen. As soon as the Wi-Fi connection is successfully established you will see the ‘Your Echo Dot is Online’ screen.
Now you have successfully changed your Amazon Echo Wi-Fi and you can start using your device!