Table of Contents
A lot of iPad users have some questions similar to: Does Snapchat work on iPad? How do i get snapchat on my iPad? Is there a Snapchat for iPad? Can snapchat be used on iPad?
Does snapchat work on iPad?
The sad truth is a iPad-dedicated app has yet to be published by Snap, Inc. But, rest assured. There is hope.
So, does this mean that you will never be able to use Snapchat on your iPad ever?
Well, to be fair, there are other options.
Of course, there are plenty of other versions of Snapchat that created by third-parties.
However, you may feel uncertain about using a third-party provider.
You are going to have to be able to trust the third-party provider not to misuse your data in a way that is against your wishes.
Since, we don’t quite live in a world we can just trust everyone who walks over to us and says, there is another question to ask.
So, now the main question now is, “What we do here?”
Do we just settle for switching between our iPad and our smartphone – whenever we get that urge to go onto Snapchat?
Well, no. There is a better way. I swear!
How to get snapchat on the ipad
There is a way to get full access to Snapchat while on your iPad. So, rest assured.
Snapchat for your iPad … with some Drawbacks
Snap Inc. built Snapchat around your smartphone but not specifically your iPad. However, there are some features that youcan still take advantage of, such as:
- See pictures and videosthat people have sent and respond back with disappearing messages.
- Send and receive vids to your friends, even with the use of your front and back cameras on your iPad
- Send and receive Snapcash from your Snapchat friends on the app directly.
- Take advantage of the Discover featureso you can see the Snaps from your channels and your magazines.
- Draw your artwork with more freedom on pictures on pictures and videos on your roomy iPad.This process of getting this appon a device other than your smartphone works:
- * iPad Gen. 1-4* iPad Mini Gen(s) 1 &2* iOS 5.0 – 8.0
Why is it Important?
How do i get snapchat on my iPad?
Getting Snapchat on your iPad may not be at the highest partof your to-do list today.
However, it’s incredibly beneficial – especially to use this app for your advantage.
- The iPad makes it possible to view that app on a higher screen resolution: meaning, you cansee everything in more detail and more clearly on an iPad.
- Drawing cartoon characters or any graphics is much easier to do with a larger screen.
- If your mobile phone is slowly loading the pictures; then,using your iPad will allow your pictures to load much quicker. This is because of its faster processor.
- This app is a place for a private conversations. Your smartphone is designed to be taken with you.
- Private conversations are meant to have at home when there is no one around.
A major downsides is that there isa smaller resolution to work withon your iPad.
Of course, this depends on what type of phone youhave. To be fair, youprobably won’t notice anydifference between your smartphone and your iPad.
Getting Snapchaton your iPad.
Like I said before, there is no standalone app for Snapchat.
You are going to have to usea workaround in order to get the that app onto your iPad.
So, without much gripe, let’s start the workaround trick, shall we?
First things first, youneed to have an App Store account with a credit or debit card on file.
Don’t worry, they are not going to charge any money to just to download and install Snapchat. Be aware that without a credit or a debit card on file, you are not allowed to download any app on their Store.
Afterwards, if you find the size of the app to be too small, then the little trick that you can do is tap the 2x and should make the screen resoultion bigger, making each pixel of the app twice as large but it will not have any more additional pixels.
You can choose which optionto go for dependingon whether youprefer to be big or small and clear?
How to get snapchat on the iPad?
Now, that there is Snapchaton your iPhone already, just sync the app onto your iPad.
- Use your iPad to access every app that you have download on the App Store
- There is a button at the bottom reading “Purchased”. This has all the appsthat have already been purchased: from every device that shares thesame App Storeaccount.
- Then,on the top right, you will notice that it reads, “iPadApps”.
- Tap the iPhone Apps. It will show you all of the apps that you have downloaded so far on your iPhone.
- Keep scrolling until you find Snapchat. Tap the app and start downloading.
The second method is if you don’t have iPhone or never downloaded the apponto your iPhone. Rest assured, there is another way.
- It’s time to head back to the App Store andlogin to your Apple ID account.
- Next thing that you need to do is tap that Featured Button at the bottom before searching; otherwise, otherresults will show up and this won’t work.
- After hitting that Featured Tab, search in theright bar for Snapchat.
- Now, if you don’t see Snapchat, obviously, youare on the tab for iPadApps.
- So, tap where itsays “iPad Only” at the TopLeft. Instead, tap “iPhone Only”.
You should now be able to see the app that you are looking for. To tap and you should be ready to go.
Got That App On My iPad?
Now, congratulations, you got Snapchat on your mobile phone.
You know this simple trick that you can get away with in order to get Snapchat on to your iPad, you will never be away from Snapchat nor will you have to get up to use Snapchat from your iPhone ever again.
The one thing that you can get to be happy about.
The best part is that now you can Snapchat comfortably in your own home on your iPad.