If you are unable to share your friend’s posts on Facebook, their Personal Settings does not allow other Facebook friends to share their posts. However, if you want your Facebook friends to share your posts with their friends, you just need to change or check your Personal Settings. This article will help you understand how you can make your posts shareable on the Facebook app or website.
How to make your posts shareable on the Facebook app for Apple and Android devices
- Tap ‘What’s On Your Mind?’ to get started and a Create Post screen will appear. Click the first drop-down that appears below your name (it will read ‘Friends’) and you will eventually land on The Select Privacy screen.
- In the ‘Who Can See Your Post section’, tap the empty circle to the left of ‘Public’ and a blue circle that has a white checkmark will be displayed inside the circle.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap ‘Done’ and you will automatically return to the ‘Create a Post’ screen. You will see that below your name ‘Public’ is displayed instead of ‘Friends’. This means that your posts can be shared by anyone who sees them.
Making your posts shareable on the Facebook website:
- Open your web browser, navigate to Facebook.com and log-in if you had logged out. After arriving on your Facebook home screen, ensure that ‘Make Post’ in the list of options is selected. You can find Make Post above the News Feed at the top.
- Click on ‘What’s On Your Mind?’ and the Make Post will fly from the screen. The circle to the left of the News Feed should be blue with a white checkmark inside. If the circle doesn’t have the blue color nor the checkmark, click inside the circle to get it done.
- To the right of the News Feed, you will see a drop-down, click the drop-down (probably saying ‘Private’) and you will see a list of options.
- In the list of option, choose ‘Public’ and your posts will be shareable by anyone who sees them.