It is not easy to keep track of all the activities related to work, family or friends especially if you use different calendars. If you have a Google Calendar, it is easy to keep track of the activities on your phone and even plan on how to execute each of the activities. However, to achieve all this, you need to sync your Google Calendar with your iPhone or iPad. You will not only manage your events with ease but also get alerts on your device. To start, you will have to add your Google account to your iPad or iPhone because that’s the only way you can start the sync process. Here are the steps you need to follow when adding your Google account to your iPad or iPhone:
Log in to your Google account
- On your Apple device, open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Next, scroll down and tap ‘Passwords & Accounts’ (has a key icon to the left). When the accounts section window opens, tap ‘Add Account’ and then tap ‘Google’ in the list of options.
- You will land on a screen asking you to log in to your Google account. Enter your email address or phone number in the respective field and then click the ‘Continue’ button. You will have to enter your password and then click the ‘Next’ button to log in to your account.
- After logging into Google account, you will see a Gmail screen with several options including Contacts, Calendar, and Notes. To sync any of these options with your Google account, move the slider to the right. For instance, since you want to sync your calendar with the Gmail account associated with your iPhone or iPad, in the calendar option, move the respective slider to the right.
Synchronize your Google Calendar
- Launch the Settings app on your device and then tap the ‘Passwords & Account’ options. Now you need to select your Gmail account in the ‘Accounts’ section.
- An information screen for that specific account will appear. Make sure you’ve toggled the slider of the calendar option to the right. If the toggle is not enabled, ensure you’ve done it by moving the circle in the slider to the right. After you’ve enabled the toggle, the slider will have a green background color.
- To close the settings app, press the ‘Home’ button and you will return to the home screen. Launch the Calendar app by tapping the icon and after the Calendar app opens, tap ‘Calendars’ at the bottom of the app. You will get to a Calendar screen.
- There are numerous lists that associate with your calendar. Search through the lists until you find the section that’s associated with your Gmail account. The right section will have the title of your Gmail email address.
- Now that you’ve found the right section to sync, make sure that there is a checkmark that’s displayed in a circle to the left of the calendar that’s associated with your email. In case you cannot find a checkmark in the circle, tap to get one and then click ‘Done’ in the upper right corner of the screen. Make sure you chose the calendar you want to see the information for and then return to your home screen.
- To ensure you have synchronized your Google calendar with your iPhone or iPad, choose a specific day that you have an event and then set to sync with your Apple device (iPhone or iPad). After you’ve made the selection, the event will be displayed in the list of events for that specific day. However, in case the event is not displayed automatically on your calendar, wait for a few minutes (roughly 5 minutes) for the calendar to sync. You will eventually see the event displayed in the list of events. You can go ahead and set a notification to enable an alarm alert.
Congratulations, you’ve just made it easy to remember and engage in different activities by synchronising your Google account with your iPhone or iPad calendar.