Browsing Twitter in the dark can be annoying if you are affected by too much light. To improve user experience, Twitter introduced the night mode feature to make the background black and the text white to reduce the strain on your eyes. Whether you are using a mobile app or a desktop, you can turn on the Dark Mode feature with ease.
Enable dark mode on the Twitter mobile app
- Launch the Twitter app on your smartphone and login if prompted. You will land on your Twitter home screen.
- In the upper left corner of your screen, tap your profile icon and a menu will fly out from the left side of the screen.
- Now select ‘Settings & Privacy’ in the shown list and you will land on a different screen.
- In the General section, select ‘Display and Sound’ option and a Display and Sound screen will appear. To enable the night mode, toggle to the right and your Twitter will automatically activate the Night Mode. If you wish to turn the Dark Mode off, you just need to navigate back to the Display and Sound screen and toggle to the left.
Enable Dark Mode on the Twitter Desktop Site
- Open a web browser and navigate to Twitter.com. Enter your username and password to access the home screen.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, click on your profile icon and a drop-down menu will be displayed.
- You will see a list of options with the Dark Mode Feature at the bottom of the list of options. Click on the ‘Night Mode’ button and the feature will be enabled automatically. The drop-down menu will then disappear. You will see your Twitter background displaying a black color while the text will change to white making it easier for you to see. If preferred you can deactivate the Night Mode easily by clicking on the drop-down menu and changing the settings.
That's it! Now you can enjoy all the content Twitter has to offer without straining your eyes too much!