Facebook Messenger can be used to share messages and videos with friends or family. If a friend or family have sent you any videos, you can download these videos to your device in case you want to use them in the future. After downloading these videos, it is easier to use them or access them because they will be in your media library. Therefore, you don’t have to open your Facebook Messenger to watch or share these videos with other people. The first part of this article will explain how you can save videos from your Facebook Messenger to your iPad, iPhone, and your android device. The second part of this article will help you understand how you can save videos from your Facebook Messenger to your laptop or desktop computer.
How to save videos from your Facebook Messenger to your iPad, iPhone or Android device
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app to land to the home screen.
- Open the conversation that has the video you want to share and then navigate to the video’s location within the conversation.
- Hold your finger against the video until you see a row of emojis on top of the video. You will also see a menu pop up along the bottom of the screen.
- Along the bottom of your Facebook Messenger, the menu will have a ‘Save’ or ‘Save Video’ option. Tap the Save button and a small box that has a white checkmark will appear. You will also see the word ‘saved’ appear on top of the video you’ve saved. Since the video will be saved on your device, you can access it via your gallery.
- Alternatively, you can connect your iPhone, iPad or Android device to your computer using a USB cable if you wish to transfer the saved videos to a PC. Remember, for you to transfer the saved videos to your computer, you need to ensure that your Android device is in USB File Transfer Mode before you start navigating to your storage.
How to save Facebook Messenger videos to your computer
- Open your web browser and then navigate Messenger.com. If you haven’t remembered your password, you will be prompted to sign in and then redirected to the home screen.
- On the left side of the screen, click the conversation that contains the video you want to save. After opening the conversation, navigate to the video on the conversation dialog.
- After locating the video, click anywhere on the video and your Facebook video player will launch.
- Move your cursor to the upper left corner of your computer’s screen. As you start to move the mouse, a menu will start appearing with a ‘Download’ option. You need to the ‘Download’ button and a save dialog box will appear.
- Here, you can rename the file as you wish, choose the location you wish to save the file and then click ‘Save’. After clicking ‘Save’ wait for a few minutes for the video to download. The amount of time you wait can be determined by the size of the video file or strength of your internet connection. After downloading, the video will be saved as an MP4 to the location you have chosen in your computer.