Since it is possible to play Fortnite across different platforms, gamers are advised to link their Xbox account to their Epic Games Account. This is important because you will keep your progression regardless of the platform you are using to play Fortnite. This means that you will not lose your game progression whether you use Nintendo Switch or Xbox One to play. To link your Xbox account to the Epic Games Account, follow these steps:
Instructions on Linking Your Xbox Account to your Epic Games Account
- After navigating to unrealengine.com, click ‘Sign In’ in the right corner of your screen. A sign-in screen will appear.
- Enter the name and the password associated with your Epic Games account and then click ‘Sign In’. You will land to your account’s home screen where you will see your account’s name in the upper right corner.
- For you to bring up the context menu, hold the cursor over the name of your account. In the context menu, click ‘Personal’ to see the Personal Details screen.
- On the left side of the screen, click ‘Connected Accounts’ to see connected accounts. A Connected Accounts window will appear as well as Sign In to Xbox Live screen.
- On the Xbox Live screen, click the blue ‘Link Your Account’ button. You will see a Microsoft sign-in screen to continue the process.
- In the username field, enter the email address associated with your Xbox Live account and then click the blue ‘Next’ button. You will then have to enter your password and then click the blue ‘Sign In’ button. If the email and password are correct, you will see a Microsoft dialog box screen asking you if you want to allow Epic Games to access your Xbox Live profile information.
- To finalize the process, at the bottom of the dialog box, click the blue ‘Yes’ button. After some time, you will automatically return to the Epic Games Connected Accounts window where you will see the username of your Xbox Live displayed below the Xbox logo.
- To confirm you have linked your Xbox Account to Epic Games Account, the Connect button will have a gray color with an option ‘Disconnect’.